The City of Morenci introduces City Administrator / Clerk Michael Sessions:
Thank you for visiting the City of Morenci’s webpage. It is exciting to come back home to Lenawee
County and serve you. You will find
shortly that I am a public servant who is passionate to work with the community
to create an environment where you and I would want to live.
As your City Administrator / Clerk, I will strive to
represent the community in the best way that I can. Whether that is by providing you with sound
guidance on issues facing our community to interacting with the public and providing
the best constituent service possible, I hope that you will be proud of the
work that the City of Morenci staff and I are doing to serve you.
My goals for the city are far and wide; however, to put in
perspective, I hope that we are able to achieve the following in a short time
frame: 1) increased support for our downtown merchants; 2) establishing
strategic private / public partnerships that will focus on collaborate with
various agencies in Lenawee County; and 3) strategic visioning for what the City
Council would like the city to accomplish.
In closing, I am looking forward to serving you as your City
Administrator / Clerk, and encourage you to contact me at any time.
City Administrator / Clerk
This position is appointed by Morenci City Council, and the City Administrator/Clerk is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the city.
Some of those duties include:
- Responsible for facilitating the goals of the Mayor and City Council.
- Recommends an annual budget to the City Council.
- Administering all city contracts.
- Recommending all measures to the City Council that are deemed necessary for the efficient operation of the City.
- Ensuring that the City’s finances are sound and that the City’s financial records comply with all state and federal law.
- Administers elections, maintains voter registration records.
- Responsible for posting all public notices.
- Maintaining files of all permanent records of ordinances, resolutions, minutes, and official actions of the various municipal committees.
- Responds to the needs of the community with contact to the proper department.
- Economic Development Activities
If you have questions, please give the City Administrator/Clerk a call at (517) 458-6828 x102.