The Treasurer’s office is responsible for all accounting functions of the City under the direction of the City Administrator / Clerk, including maintaining the general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, budget reports, subsidiary records/journals, monthly and annual closing, and bank reconciliations.
This office is critical in keeping city department heads and leaders abreast of the City of Morenci's current financial state as well as projected.
Here is a short list of additional duties:
- Responsible for accounting activities, monthly revenue, expense reports, balance sheets and income statements
- Attend all regular and special city council meetings as directed by City Administrator
- Assist auditors with closing financial records and locating any information the auditors may need during the fiscal year end audit
- Responsible for the processing of payroll
- Maintain employee retirement records and year to date records, on earnings and withholdings
- Prepare quarterly payroll reports and year-end reports along with W-2’s and 1099’s
- Process dog licensing
- Tax collection, which includes, collection, working with the County, accuracy, and follow-up
- Answers citizen inquiries on tax statements and special assessments
- Responsible for publishing notice of Board of Review dates, accepting complaints on assessments and passing them on to Board of Review
Current tax information as well as tax history on any property can be found at cityofmorenci.is.bsasoftware.com
. This site facilitates the looking up of information about your property and allows you to pay your taxes online. A 3% fee does apply to all online payments.
To look up State of Michigan changes regarding property taxes and local treasury regulations, or to download and print Income Tax forms and schedules click on the link below: www.michigan.gov/treasury
For Federal Income Tax Forms, Schedules and information go to: www.irs.gov.