The City of Morenci has 2 cemeteries.
#1 - The Old Cemetery
is a turn of the century historical cemetery located on the North side of Morenci on the East side of M-156.
#2 - Oak Grove Cemetery
is our beautiful tree lined cemetery located on the North side of Morenci on the West side of M-156.
Both cemeteries are mowed and maintained by The City of Morenci.
Cemetery Rules and Regulations:
- All foundations will be installed by the Cemetery Sexton and must have a 3" border around monuments.
- All benches must have a foundation beneath them.
- All monuments must be made of granite, marble, or bronze plaque. No wooden crosses or hand crafted markers.
- No fences around monuments or markers.
- Cemetery cleanup schedule: All winter decorations must be removed between April 1st and May 1st. All summer decorations must be removed between October 1st and December 1st. No decorations should be placed during these periods, except vases, urns, and saddles.
- All cemetery urns and flower pots must be in line with the monument.
- No glass of any kind. This includes vases, bottles, jars, picture frames, etc..
- Funeral flowers will be removed after one (1) week.
- No decorative stone is allowed. (Marble chips, white stone, etc)
- All flowers must be as close as possible to the monument and no flowers will be permitted in the walkways.
- The speed of any vehicle shall not exceed 10 mph.
- Dogs must be leashed and animal waste must be picked up.
- No trees or bushes shall be planted without the approval of the City Superintendent or Cemetery Sexton. Any planted without permission will be removed without any liability to The City of Morenci or its employees.
- Any tree or shrub that becomes a detriment to the general appearance of the cemetery grounds or a public nuisance will be removed by the Cemetery Sexton without any liability to The City of Morenci or its employees.