NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Real Estate – Morenci Industrial Land Property, Township of Chesterfield, Ohio
Sealed-bids will be received by the City Council for the City of Morenci, Lenawee County, Michigan, at its office at 118 Orchard Street, Morenci, Michigan 49256, until 4 p.m., Monday, March 3, 2014 for the purchase of 16.41 acres of tillable farmland owned by the City of Morenci in the southern most portion of the Morenci Industrial Park and more particularly described as being located in Township of Chesterfield, County of Fulton, and State of Ohio, to wit:
All that part of the East ½ of the Northwest ¼ of Section 8, Town 9 South, Range 2 East, described as beginning at the intersection of the East line of the said East ½ of the Northwest ¼ of Section 8 and the state line between Michigan and Ohio 236.55 feet S 01 degree 22’ 31” E from the North ¼ corner of Section 8 aforesaid; thence S 01 degree 22’ 31” E 555.47 feet along the said East ½ of the Northwest ¼ of Section 8; thence S 88 degrees 56’ 00” W degrees 01’ 24” E 1311.28 feet along the state line between Michigan and Ohio to the point of beginning. Containing 16.41 acres.
The terms and conditions of sale are as follows:
1. All bids are to be in sealed envelopes with the works “Real Estate Bid – Morenci Industrial Land Property in Ohio” plainly marked on the outside of the envelope.
2. The right is reserved by the City of Morenci to reject any and all bids or any part of same, to waive irregularities and / or informalities, and to make the award or acceptance in part or entirety as may appear to the best interest of the City of Morenci. Any dispute arising as to any bid shall be settled in the sole discretion of the Morenci City Council.
3. The successful bidder will be required to pay 10% of the bid price within twenty-four (24) hours of the announcement of successful bid, such amount to be held as a deposit to assure consummation of sale. The balance of the bid shall be paid within ten (10) days of the announcement of successful bid. Payment shall be made in cash or by means of certified or cashier’s check.
4. City of Morenci, upon payment of the full bid price, will furnish a warranty deed. Purchaser will be responsible for all other costs associated with sale, including but not limited to preparation of notices, publication expenses, document preparation and evidence of title. Sale will be contingent upon receipt of a commitment for title insurance showing statutory marketable title in the City.
5. Purchaser shall accept the property subject to visible easements, encroachments, restrictive covenants and easements and restrictions of record, including rights of the public and others for street, road or highway purposes, zoning regulations and outstanding leases, if any.
6. The real property is sold “as is” without warranty or representation by the City of Morenci as to physical condition, boundaries, fitness for any particular purpose or as to any other matter or condition. Prospective purchasers are urged to inspect the property prior to sale.
7. The City of Morenci agrees to provide an easement to the purchaser of the real property through the city’s Michigan property to the north. The City of Morenci owns the land directly to the north that is zoned as an Industrial Park property.
8. These terms and conditions of sale shall survive the closing of this transaction.
Sealed-bids will be publicly opened, read and available for review on Monday, March 3, 2014, at 118 Orchard Street, Morenci, MI (at 4:00 p.m.).
Michael S. Sessions, Morenci City Administrator / Clerk
Dated: February 11, 2014